Foods Matter is a monthly magazine providing information and support to those with food allergies, intoloerances and sensitivity. The magazine will be presenting its 2nd annnual Free From Food Awards on the 12th May from a shortlist of over 100 companies. The shortlist has now been published and includes many foods that we haven’t heard of let alone tried!
The shortlist is drawn up following monthly tastings that the magazine carry out through the year so I am expecting that the winners will be well worth trying.
The categories are:
- Dairy (cow’s milk) free (‘milk’ and yogurt)
- Dairy (cow’s milk) free (butter, spread and cheese)
- Dairy and/or gluten-free (ice cream, puddings and desserts)
- Dairy and/or gluten-free (chocolate, confectionery and cereal bars)
- Gluten-free (breads and bread mixes)
- Gluten-free (pastas, pizzas and pizza bases)
- Gluten-free (pies, flans and savoury sauces)
- Gluten-free (cakes, muffins and sweet biscuits)
- Gluten-free (savoury biscuits and snacks)
- Nut-free (in all the tastings)
- Christmas foods
- Breakfast cereals
- Innovation award
- Overall winner
For the complete shortlist please visit the awards web page and also the Foods Matter Web Site. We will try some of the winners and add another blog.