Roasted Beef Salad
- 8 slices of roasted red beets
- 8 slices of roasted golden beets
- 1 Pink Lady apple, skin on, cored and sliced thin
- 4 oz. goat cheese
- 2 oz. candied pecans
- 4 oz. honey thyme vinaigrette
- salt and pepper
- 2 oz. market lettuce, arugula, frisee, bibb, mizzuna, etc.
Roast beets separately in a pan in a half inch of water covered until fork tender, about 1 hour. Let cool and peel. Slice into circles about ¼ inch thick. Toss beets separately with 1 oz. of the vinaigrette and slat and pepper to taste. Arrange two of each beet on a plate alternating red and gold. Toss the remaining ingredients in a stainless bowl and add salt and pepper to taste. Place salad on top of beets and serve.
Honey Thyme Vinaigrette
- ¾ cup 80/20 blended oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh thyme